In Philadelphia, we love food and one of the exciting new developments over the past few years is the City of Brotherly Love’s graduation from being known for just cheese steaks and soft pretzels (the best in the nation) to a credible source of fine dining and talented chefs.
During PIFA attention turns to inspiration from Paris and a tribute to the City of Lights wouldn’t be complete without a dedication to a part of culture that delights all of our five senses – food. PIFA’s Culinary Component will highlight the culinary collaboration, creativity and innovation that is scheduled to heat up PIFA from April 13 – May 1.
Eleven chefs from Lyon and Paris are traveling to Philly to collaborate with local culinary artists to create special pairing menus from April 13 – 15. At a welcoming press event tomorrow, April 11, the eleven chefs from France will meet their host chefs for the first time. All menus prepared will be featured at each restaurant through the entire month of April. To ensure enjoyment of these wonderful collaborations, make sure to contact restaurants for reservations. You definitely won’t want to miss out.
Chef pairings include:
- Michael Abt of Parc with Frédéric Berthod from 33 Cité, Lyon
- Terence Feury of Fork with Simon Lacassin from Préfecture du Rhône, Lyon
- Daniel Stern of R2L with Babette De Rozieres from La Table de Babette, Paris
- Pierre Calmels of Bibou with Olivier Paget from Le Fleurie, Lyon
- Jon Cichon of Lacroix with Frédéric Côte from Restaurant au Colombier, Anse
- Chris Scarduzio of Table 31 with Arnaud Languille from Clostan Traiteur, Lyon
- Olivier Desaintmartin of Caribou Café with Jean-Paul Borgeot from La Tassée, Lyon
- Dan Black of Amuse at Le Méridien with Eric Brujan from L’Orénac Le Méridien Etoile, Paris
- Peter Woolsey of Bistrot La Minette with Joseph Viola from Daniel et Denise, Lyon
- Georges Perrier of Le Bec Fin with Mathieu Viannay from La Mère Brazier, Lyon
- Michael Yeamans of Rouge with Nasserdine Mendi from Chocolate Weiss, Saint-Etienne
Stay tuned for more live coverage and impressions of the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts through May 1, supported by PIFA.
Download the PIFA iPhone App