The day is finally here! I get to share with you the goodies that I received in the mail from Samantha of Sparkly and Slimming…a weight loss blog.
This was my first month participating in the Foodie Penpals program, started in September 2011 by Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean. At the beginning of each month you’re paired up with two different people: one who you will be sending a box of goodies to and one who you will receive a box of goodies from. Then you have two weeks to put together a box and mail it.
I can’t remember exactly how I came across this program anymore, but it was sometime back in May and I immediately signed up. This has to be one of the most awesome programs through the mail ever, and also a great way to discover new blogs!
Samantha was a wonderful foodie penpal and sent me a bunch of delicious treats (all healthy, of course):
– 1 bottle hint flavored water
– Tazo passion tea (my favorite)
– Starbucks Via iced coffee
– Organic banana chips (delicious)
– 1 Kind peanut butter and strawberry bar (loved this)
– Fuji Apple Crisps
– Quinoa (another favorite)
Samantha also included two recipes for making quinoa – one for breakfast and one for a vegan quinoa salad. I’m very glad she did, because even though I’ve had quinoa before, I never made it my self. I used the quinoa in this dish.
Click on images below to see slideshow.
And now it’s time for some details from Lindsay about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send me an email and I’ll see if we get enough interest this month!