This past Wednesday, June 5, I had the pleasure of attending a preview party at Williams-Sonoma for this year’s Dîner en Blanc in Philly.
The main focus was the table decorating contest with the themes of Paris and the 25th Anniversary of Dîner en Blanc. Surrounded by Blanc-ers in white and delicious snacks from Garces Catering, DiBruno Brothers, and McCrossen’s Tavern, and beats by DJ Bruce, everyone who came was able admire the table creations and vote on their favorite.
There were two winners of the night. One chosen by official Dîner en Blanc judges, and the other by guests for the People’s Choice Award.
* Brian Cawley, Visual Director, Lord & Taylor
* Carrie Denny, Editor, Philadelphia Wedding, Philadelphia Magazine
* Kristin Detterline, Editor in Chief, Philadelphia Style Magazine
* Emily Goulet, Lifestyle Editor, Philadelphia Magazine
* Marisa Magnatta, Associate Producer- Preston and Steve Morning Show at Greater Media
* Nicole Paloux, Owner, Red Balloon PR and Founder, Theatre Confetti
The Judges’ Choice:
The People’s Choice:
This year is the 25th anniversary of this “pop-up picnic in white,” so you can bet there will be special celebrations. Here are the details for this year’s soiree:
Date: Thursday, August 22, 2013
Time: Sometime in the evening
Location: It’s still a secret
Last year, this wonderful evening in white was celebrated in Logan Square, and at the end of the night participants ended up in the fountain. I wonder where the festivities will take place this year. Maybe at the Art Museum or Franklin Square…Where do you think it will happen?