**2018 READING STATS**
This wonderful survey was put together by The Perpetual Page Turnerand I thought it would be fun to fill it out. There are some sections left blank because they don’t apply. Enjoy!
Number Of Books You Read: 62
Number of Re-Reads: A few
Genre You Read The Most From: Various
1. Best Book You Read In 2018?
For me, this would be any book I gave 5 stars to. This year four books made that list.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
It started off promising, but ended up on the DNF pile.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Most surprising because I learned something of our history I didn’t know before. It’s something not mentioned.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2018? Akata Witch Series by Nnedi Okorafor. Best Sequel of 2018? Akata Warrior by Nnedi Okorafor
Best Series Ender of 2018? The Night Masquerade (Binti Series) by Nnedi Okorafor
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018?
Well, new to me. Nnedi Okorafor.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2018 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018?
Unfortunately, I didn’t like the book as much as I liked the cover.
11. Most memorable character of 2018?
Sunny Nwazue from the Akata Witch series.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2018
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read?
Neither Snow nor Rain: A History of the U.S. Postal Service by Devin Leonard because I have loved written correspondence since 2012.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2018?
From The Hummingbird’s Daughter by Luis Alberto Urrea.
“Even the place-names disturbed them. Eerie, alien in their mouths, the northern names seemed violent, shocking, remnants of some loathsome Chichimeca antiquity. The names brought to mind eldritch barbarians, skeletal hordes whooping down from the black banshee-haunted rock spires of the uncharted wastes.“
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2018?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
I was expecting something more like Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore and this was nowhere near that.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2018 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?
21. Best Book You Read In 2018 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2018?
23. Best 2018 debut you read?
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi and I can’t wait for the second book.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Akata Witch series by Nnedi Okorafor and Rebel of the Sands Series by Alwyn Hamilton
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Botany of Desire: A Plant’s-Eye View of the World by Michael Pollan
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2018?
Unfortunately none. I need to do more exploring this year.
2. Favorite post you wrote in 2018?
One of the two posts I wrote this year for a sweet potato cookie recipe.
3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2018:?
This has me so excited for the 2019 planting year.
4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018?
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Making the time to blog at all. In reading, I came across 7 books that I added to my DNF pile. That is quite a high number for me to DNF.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Lamb meatballs in a sherry-cream sauce.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Anything posted more recently really. My older content gets the most love.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Bon Appétit starting a cookbook club.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Set a goal of 45 books for 2018 and ended up reading 62.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)?
Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
3. 2019 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Not sure. Do you have any recommendations for me?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2019?
Posting here more frequently again. In regards to reading, not just jumping from one book to the next, but taking the time to reflect and digest what I read.
6. A 2019 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):